As soon as I saw this new tool I knew I needed to get my hands on it. I could see the benefits of this product, especially when making cards, which is something I love to do.
The Stamp Perfect has a base with a grid pattern, a removable foam pad, and two magnets. The lid is hinged, has a grid pattern, and there are handy rulers on three sides of the base. They really made this tool with the card maker in mind.
After playing with the Stamp Perfect, I quickly realized that it is even more helpful than I thought it would be.
Here are the top 5 reasons I think you need the Stamp Perfect in your life.
- You can line up several stamps at the same time. If you want a beautiful floral element, and a sentiment on your card front, you can use the grid, and rulers, to get everything straight, and perfectly spaced. Place your stamps face down on your project exactly where you want the images, press the lid down on the stamps, lift the lid and your are ready to be inked.
- Multi-layered stamps sets are now a snap to use. If you need to stamp multiple layers, you will no longer have to worry if you are lining up each layer where it belongs.
- No more worry about your project moving as you are stamping. The magnets hold your project in place while you are working, so everything stays exactly where you want it. I had no problem with my card front moving, and I am notorious for bumping, or moving, my project while stamping.
- Solid stamps are no longer a problem. Have you ever stamped a solid image and realized a section just didn’t stamp clearly, leaving a blotchy image? I know I have. With this tool you simply lift the lid, re-ink your stamp, and stamp it again. No more worrying if you are lining it up perfectly.
- Making multiples of the same card is much easier with this tool. Want to make the same card, say an invitation, multiple times? You will only need to line up your stamp placement once, and all of your cards can easily look the same, instead of just similar.
I made a video showing my first project with this tool. I think you really need to see this Stamp Perfect in action, to appreciate how easy it is to use.
I checked prices on similar tools on the market, and found that Misti makes a version smaller than the Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect for $45. I don’t have a Misti to compare, so it may be worth the extra money for some of you. However, Michaels carries this product for less than $30, and you can use a coupon.
I loved playing with this product so much that I’m unwilling to share, and have to have one of my own. You can bet I will be calling ahead to make sure Michaels has one in stock, and bringing my coupon.
Have you tried a stamp positioning tool before? Let me know your experience, and if you have a preferred tool.